Launched in 2002, Champions in Action is a joint initiative of Citizens Bank and News 8 to recognize and support nonprofit organizations for their contributions to Connecticut communities. To date the program has awarded 38 Connecticut nonprofits nearly $1 million in grants and promotional support.
A Champion in Action will receive:
- a $35,000 contribution in unrestricted funds from the Citizens Charitable Foundation
- media coverage from News 8, including public service announcements and television profiles over the course of six months
- volunteer support from Citizens and News 8 colleagues
- the opportunity for the organization’s executive director to participate in a “president-to-president” mentorship with Citizens Bank of Rhode Island and Connecticut President Ned Handy
- extensive public relations support
- promotional support highlighting the Champion in Action in all Citizens Bank branch DCN screens and on its ATMs; and exposure on both Citizens Bank and News 8 websites.