TORRINGTON, Conn. (WTNH) — Torrington police arrested a man for drunk driving early Thursday morning, and upon searching his car found over 10 pounds of marijuana in his trunk, police said.
Police say Walter Domingo-Santiago, 41, of Waterbury, ran through a red light at the intersection of East Main St. and East Elm Street around 3:30 in the morning, nearly colliding with a marled police cruiser.
Police pulled him over and gave him a field sobriety test, which he failed.
Police then arrested him and searched his car, which is when they discovered the marijuana in his 2006 Volkswagen Jetta, a quantity worth more than $10,000.
Domingo-Santiago is facing a list of charges. Those charges include:
- Operating Under the Influence of Alcohol/Drugs
- Operating a Motor Vehicle Without a License
- Operating Without Insurance
- Possession of Marijuana over 10 Ounces
- Possession of Marijuana with Intent to Sell
- Illegal Possession Near a School
Domingo-Santiago was released on $25,000 bail and will appear Bantam Superior Court on February 3.