Chef Debra Queen demonstrates how to make a Middle Eastern salad.
For more information, visit www.chefqueenscuisine.com
Chef Queen’s Cuisine
The Queen of Green Cuisine
- 4 large, firm tomatoes, sliced, then diced into 1/4” brunnoise
- 2 cucumbers, Hot House English, Seedless, peeled half way.
- 1 small onion, red or yellow
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice, depending on taste
- 2 tablespoons GOOG Organic olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions. Toss with remaining ingredients and gently mix well.
- Chill for 2 hours prior to use.
- Suggestions for serving~ Use as a component on a composed salad coupled with grains, greens and beans for added health benefits and great texture.
- Finish the salad with creamy feta or chevre, some kalamata olives and slices of avocado for a creamy and delicious full meal salad.
- If you like additional protein you can add a piece of grilled salmon, chicken or tofu to make this a truly “stand out” meal. Refreshing and delicious~
- This is a low calorie, low carb high fiber dish packed with great nutrition and fiber. It has tons of flavor and character…truly fresh, honest and packed with nutrients; you can keep the herbs separate and pile on top of the vegs.
- Dress the greens with 1 part Red Wine Vinegar, 1 tsp. Ground Mustard, 1 Tbls. Honey, 1 tsp. Shallots and 3 parts good Organic EVOO shaken with S&P to taste. Enrobe the salad with the dressing, sprinkle on the feta or chevre, toss a few olives and several slices of avocado around the edge of the plate, then, pile on the Shirazi, top it off with the Herb Mixture for an amazing taste treat! Your guests will clamour for more and want the recipe.
- Thank you for watching WTNH and Chef Queen as we eat our way to health!
- Can be served on top of cous cous, coconut rice, quinoa or en bruschetta. Also useful served alongside roasted fish, grilled chicken or tofu.
- We will be doing the salad with Grains, Greens and Beans to make it a whole meal salad bowl and probably some feta crumbles and black olives to garnish with. It’ll be very tasty with a simple red wine vinaigrette to dress the greens with.