Fire breaks out during Sunday school

sunday school fire

WOODBRIDGE, Conn. (WTNH)– Sunday School was interrupted after a kitchen fire forced children to be evacuated.

It happened late Sunday morning at Congregation B’Nai Jacob in Woodbridge.

Firefighters say a plastic basket was put on the stove and caught on fire. There was little damage but it certainly scared many of the students.

“A couple of the kids started yelling there’s a fire, there’s a fire and I didn’t really think they were serious and we looked in the window of the kitchen and the entire stove was up in flames,” said Lauren Arons, a teacher.

Officials were able to contain the blaze within 15 minutes.

blog comments powered by Disqus