Windsor Locks, Conn. (WTNH)–Eleven men, including a Springfield, Mass. police officer, were busted by Windsor Locks police in what is being called “Operation Cupid.”
John Wadlegger, 42, of Agawam, Mass., was one of the eleven men arrested.
Police said they received several complaints about prostitution in area motels along Route 75 in Windsor Locks.
Investigators placed an advertisement on a popular internet site used by those who wish to purchase sex for money. An undercover officer posed as a prostitute and responded to numerous inquiries and requests for sexual services from ‘clients.’
The undercover officer and clients would meet at an area motel where the suspect would then be arrested by a team of back-up officers. A total of 11 males were arrested for soliciting prostitution.
The following people have been arrested:
- Springfield Police Officer John Wadlegger, 42, of Agawam, Mass.
- Jesse Coughlin, 33, of Chester, Mass.
- Eric Oullette, 42, of Glastonbury
- Brandon Blank, 28, of Bridgeport
- John Norris, 53, of Enfield
- Eslam Ayoub, 41, of Middletown (also charged with fourth-degree sexual assault)
- Wagner Brown, 34, of Waterbury
- John Cook, 56, of South Windsor
- Ravindra Wikramanaya, 54, Chicopee, Mass.
- Bryan Deway, 46, of Windsor Locks
- James Castelvetere, 59, of Enfield
Police said the investigation is ongoing, and the name of the hotels has not been released.