SOUTHINGTON, Conn. (WNTH) – A reported gas leak evacuated students and staff at a Southington middle school on Wednesday morning.
Southington Fire Department received a call around 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday about a gas odor inside and outside of JFK Middle School in Plantsville.
Students were evacuated for precautionary reasons and kept warm inside school buses where they waited for 50 minutes.
Yankee Gas and Southington firefighters checked the gas units inside of the school and turned of all gas lines to the building, but did not find any leaks.
The surrounding areas of the school were searched as well, but nothing came up.