(WTNH) — Chef Bradley Stellings demonstrates how to make quinoa crusted scallops with an apple fennel salad.
Recipe: Quinoa Crusted Scallops
- 8 scallops (serves 2 )
- 1c quinoa
- 2c water
- 4tbs butter
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 3tbs blended oil/canola oil
- Toast quinoa lightly, Add ½ butter, salt, and liquid
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 min
- Strain and let cool
- Set up a breading station. (flour, egg and quinoa )
- One at a time, dip the scallops in the flour on one side, egg and then the quinoa.
- Get a 10 inch sauté pan on high heat with the canola oil, and roast, about 2 min until the quinoa is toasted brown.
- Flip over add remaining butter and baste the scallops for another minute or so. Remove from Pan.
For the plating, place the scallops on the center of plate placing the salad on and around it. Drizzle a little more of dressing around the plate.
Apple Fennel Salad
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 tbs of chives sliced very small
- ¼ c lemon juice
- 1/3c olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- The zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Slice the Fennel as thin as you can.
- Cut the apple julienne
- Combine in bowl season salt and pepper
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, zest, water, and salt and pepper. Whisk together and dress salad. Refrigerate