(WTNH) — Nutritionist and author Rachel Meltzer demonstrates how to make Asian chopped crunchy salad.
For more information, visit http://www.smartgirlveg.com/
Recipe: Asian Chopped Crunchy Salad
Salads like this one typically have chicken at the center. But there’s no reason why non-meat eaters shouldn’t get in on the deliciousness. Edamame, cashews, sesame seeds, and a whole lot of crunch round out this chickenless salad to make it a veg-tastic meal. Double, triple, quadruple, or more to make enough to share with friends.
Icons: No meat, No fish, No eggs, No dairy
Makes 1 serving
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh snow pea pods, chopped
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame, boiled or microwaved
- 2 tablespoons salted cashew pieces
- 1/2 orange, peeled, segmented, and cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup crispy wonton noodles*
In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. In a medium bowl, toss lettuce, pepper, pea pods, edamame, cashews, orange, sesame, scallions, and water chestnuts together. Drizzle with dressing and toss until coated. Distribute into serving bowl and garnish with sesame seeds and wonton noodles.
To make it gluten-free, replace wonton noodles with crumbled Mary’s Gone Crackers or another gluten-free cracker.