Oxford fire an accident

Firefighters work to put out a house fire on Thorson Road in Oxford, Mar. 4, 2014. (WTNH/George Roelofsen)

OXFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — A fire that heavily damaged a home in Oxford was an accident, the fire chief said.

The fire happened early Tuesday morning on Thorson Road.

A mattress near the fireplace caught on fire and the flames quickly spread.

Thankfully no one was injured because of the fire.

It took firefighters extra time to put out the flames because the two hydrants needed for water were located quite a distance away.  The freezing cold temperatures made things especially difficult for the firefighters.



WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s