MERIDEN, Conn. (WTNH)– A small propane explosion occurred on a roof in Meriden, Wednesday evening.
The fire department says two construction workers were working on a flat roof to repair the tiling and insulation. They were using a propane tank and torches for the tar.
A small leak in the propane tank then lead to a small explosion. The roof caught on fire but it was put out quickly.
No one was injured.
The roof and building were damaged in the fire but the building was closed and unoccupied at the time.