(WTNH) — Robert Christiansen and Helga Pfanner of CareCo Continuum of Care discuss their ongoing, free programs to people with memory impairment disorders and their care partner(s) to improve their physical and mental health.
For more information, visit www.carecoct.com
Recipe: Roasted Chicken:
It’s Important to Start with a Clean Kitchen First: CLEAN AND EMPTY SINK
- Remove chicken from package
- Remove contents in both body cavities and discard
- Rinse inside and out and pat dry – careful not to spray juice
- Prepare Roasting Pan
- Spread Wok oil on chicken in pan
- Season with Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place chicken in oven
- Chicken should cook for about twenty minutes per pound, but it’s more important that the temp of the meat gets to 165º.
- If a thermometer is used, insert it in the thigh to get temperature.
- Add 15 minutes to the total cooking time if you’re roasting a stuffed chicken.
- Remove from oven a. Let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing