Report: Coffee pot sparks fire in Fairfield

Firefighters responded to a blaze at 1555 Post Road Thursday, March 27, 2014. (Photo: Fairfield Fire Department)

FAIRFIELD, Conn. (WTNH) — A fire reportedly sparked by a coffee pot damaged commercial property on the Post Road Thursday afternoon.

Firefighters were called to 1555 Post Road, the address for Engraver’s World, about 11:40 a.m. Thursday. First arriving units reported heavy smoke from a two-story commercial building.

Firefighters attacked the blaze by stretching hose lines through both floors of the building. The fire was knocked down about 12:45 p.m. There were no reported injuries.

As for a cause, the owner of Engraver’s World told the Connecticut Post it was a coffee pot.

“It just melted and the fire started in seconds,” Al de Vidas reportedly told the paper. “I called 911 and they came right away.”

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s