Milford man’s death prompts warning from FD

Map Milford

MILFORD, Conn. (WTNH) – Fire officials have a message for residents following the apparent carbon monoxide poisoning death of a man on Juniper Drive Tuesday night.

“Our best warning to residents is to have a smoke detector and a carbon monoxide detector on all floors of the house and especially the bedrooms, and you should check them at least once a month,” said Capt. Greg Carman.

Fire officials say they got a call Tuesday from Milford Hospital that a man was brought in for cardiac arrest from this Juniper Drive address an hour before and had tested high in carbon monoxide levels.

When firefighters went inside, they found elevated levels of CO and hydrogen cyanide in the basement and garage.

The man was apparently working on a motorcycle in the garage with the doors shut, fire officials said they were told.

blog comments powered by Disqus