MILFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — With the return of warmer weather, more people will be out on bicycles. May is Bike Safety Month, and a good time to focus on safety and the rules of the road.
AAA, which is known for its roadside assistance program, is now offering a new program for cyclists. Riders who get a flat, lose a chain or have another problem, can call AAA and get help. News 8’s Noelle Gardner spoke with AAA about the program on Good Morning Connecticut Wednesday.
AAA reminds drivers to:
- Yield to bicyclists when turning
- Check mirrors & blind spots
- Give a 3 foot clearance when passing
- Check before opening car doors
- Never honk horn at bicyclists