GUILFORD, Conn. (WTNH)– Several spas are honoring gift certificates from Rituals Spa or offering discounts to their clients since the business suddenly closed down leaving customers and employees in the dark.
Countless people have been left without answers after more than $18,000 in gift cards were sold around Mother’s Day.
The following spas will accept Ritual Spa gift certificates or offer discounts:
- Aura Day Spa located at 234 East Main St. Branford; call (203) 488-4400 or go to www.auradayspact.com
- Inner Essence Spa & Wellness Center located at 311 Racebrook Road, Orange will be taking 50% of the value. Call (203)795-4170 or go to www.inneressencespa.com
- Urbane Salon located at 2489 Boston Post Road Guilford is offering 20% discount to any Rituals clients. A former Rituals employee is at Urbane Salon Tue-Sat and offers manicures, pedicures and waxing. Call (203) 458-1314 or go to urbaneahairsalon.com.
- Rain Spa located at 150 W Main St, Branford will be taking 50% of the value. Call (203) 483-0300 or go to rainwellnessspa.com.
- Madison Avenue Salon located at 38 Old Post Rd. Madison will honor gift cards for face value up to $100 and 50% for cards over that amount. Call (203) 318-3070 or go to www.madavesalon.net.
- Lanphier Day Spa located at 8 Devine St, North Haven will provide full value to gift certificates. Call (203) 248-3333 or go to www.lanphierdayspa.com.
- The Spa of Essex located at 63 South Main Street, Essex will honor 50% of the value of gift cards. Call (860) 767-7796 or go to thespaofessex.com.
The Department of Consumer Protection released the following statement regarding the gift certificates:
“Consumers should still send us a written complaint with copy of gift certificate and any representations, preferably via e-mail using our complaint form to email@example.com. If the consumer made the purchase via credit card and they are still within their chargeback period, they should follow the dispute procedures with their credit card company.”
The Office of the Attorney General gave this statement:
“Our office learned last week that the Ritual Spa had closed shortly after selling a number of gift certificates. We were in the very early stages of seeking additional information from the business – as we regularly do in such circumstances – when we became aware of reports that its owner had died. We will continue to evaluate the situation to determine what further steps, if any, to take.”