WTNH– Culinary Arts Teacher Joanna Siciliano and student Ryan Henderson from Haddam-Killingworth High School show us how to make homemade ravioli with pesto sauce.
This quick easy recipe uses fresh basil from the garden and wonton wrappers for the ravioli that saves time and tastes great.
Homemade Ravioli Recipe:
“This is short cut way of making delicious homemade ravioli. Serve with your favorite sauce and more grated cheese.”
24 wonton wrappers
1 cup ricotta cheese, drained well
1 egg yolks
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper
2. In a large bowl mix Ricotta, egg yolk and Parmesan cheese.
3. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Place 1/2 tablespoon of filling in the center of the wonton wrapper.
6. Moisten edges of wonton wrapper with water.
7. Fold into a triangle.
8. Press edges to seal.
9. Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
10. Drop 12 Ravioli into boiling water at a time.
11. Cook until ravioli floats. (about two Minutes
12. Drain well.
Pesto Sauce Recipe:
“Quick and easy pesto to top your pasta.”
3 cups fresh basil leaves
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
4 cloves garlic, peeled 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup olive oil
Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
1. In a food processor, blend together basil leaves, nuts, garlic, and cheese. Pour in oil slowly while still mixing. Stir in salt and pepper.