Fire breaks out at Stamford restaurant

STAMFORD, Conn. (WTNH)– The owners of a restaurant in Stamford are trying to pick up the pieces Tuesday after an early morning fire.

It broke out around 4:30 AM at the Pearl East restaurant on Summer Street.

Firefighters tell News 8 by the time they arrived, flames were burning the back of the building and moving towards the front.

It took them more than an hour to put out the fire.

“It’s a restaurant so there’s a lot of grease. It was a hard fire for the guys to work from the inside and 25 minutes into it we had a lot of fire in the roof spaces, so we called them out and we fought the fire from the outside,” said Trevor Roach, Asst. Chief Stamford Fire Department.

No one was inside the building at the time.

Investigators are trying to figure out how the fire started.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus