Gas leak at Avon Walmart

Avon

AVON, Conn (WTNH) — A gas leak forced the evacuation of a Walmart in Avon early Monday morning.

It happened at the store located on West Main Street.

Police say a contractor was working on a pipe when the pipe became dislodged and gas started to leak. The gas was turned off and the same contractor worked to get it fixed.

The fire department was on the scene and helped to secure the leak.

The store was evacuated as a safety precaution until the gas company could arrive.

No injuries were reported.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus