Man suffers serious chest injuries from firework

Plainfield

PLAINFIELD, Conn. (WTNH) — A Sterling man is hospitalized, police say he has traumatic chest injuries after a bottle rocket exploded.

It happened around 6:40 p.m. yesterday on Pickett Road in Plainfield. Police say Damon Luberto, 36, and another man set up the fireworks about fifty yards from the house and ran for cover. But something went wrong and those bottle rockets exploded.

Luberto was hit in the chest by shrapnel. He’s now in intensive care at William W. Backus Hospital.

Police are investigating the incident. They say, unless a license professional is supervising you, fireworks are illegal in Connecticut.

blog comments powered by Disqus