Man suffers serious chest injuries from firework

map Plainfield

PLAINFIELD, Conn. (WTNH) — A Sterling man is hospitalized, police say he has traumatic chest injuries after a bottle rocket exploded.

It happened around 6:40 p.m. yesterday on Pickett Road in Plainfield. Police say Damon Luberto, 36, and another man set up the fireworks about fifty yards from the house and ran for cover. But something went wrong and those bottle rockets exploded.

Luberto was hit in the chest by shrapnel. He’s now in intensive care at William W. Backus Hospital.

Police are investigating the incident. They say, unless a license professional is supervising you, fireworks are illegal in Connecticut.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s