MIDDLETOWN, Conn. (WTNH) — State parks were packed with visitors on this sunny Saturday, so much so that some were closed by early afternoon.
The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection announced the following parks are closed because parking hit capacity:
- Lake Waramaug State Park is full to capacity and closed as of 4 p.m.
- Mount Tom State Park is full to parking capacity as of 2 p.m.
- Mashapaug Lake State boat launch is closed and at parking capacity as of 1 p.m.
- Millers Pond, Squantz Pond, and Kent Falls State Parks were closed to new visitors at 12:45.
- Rocky Neck State Park is full to capacity as of 12:30.
Wadsworth Falls State Park in Middletown was also closed for several hours Saturday afternoon, but was back open before 6 o’clock. The park closes at 8:30.
Indian Wells State Park was also closed for a time because of a “water supply” problem, but was reopened about an hour and a half later.
Indian Well State Park is reopened as of 12:45 on Saturday July 5th
— DEEP Outdoor Rec (@CTDEPoutdoorrec) July 5, 2014
Officials from DEEP say this is a common problem, and some parks could close again tomorrow afternoon if the lots are filled.