WTNH– Women’s Wellness Expert, Ellen Barrett, teaches us a fusion floor workout which beats the heat with this barefoot, low intensity workout.
Some tips for shaping up in the summer are:
1. Workout in the early morning – it’s the coolest time of the day
2. Workout barefoot if you can – it’s cooler
3. Lower the intensity of your workout – avoid over heating
4. Don’t use hand weights/ equipment – be unencumbered and feel free
5. Focus on flexibility – the summer heat means looser “softer” muscle – great opportunity to safely “extend”
Ellen Barrett is a women’s wellness expert, known worldwide as the creator of best-selling DVD workouts, including Prevention magazine’s Flat Belly Diet series. She starred in FIT TV’s long-running show, All Star Workouts and is the co-author of The 28 Days Lighter Diet (Skirt!, 2014).
For more information, go to www.ellenbarrett.com.