Gas leak evacuates Derby High School

Derby

DERBY, Conn. (WTNH)- A small gas leak sent Derby faculty and staff home early today.

According to Derby Public Schools Executive Assistant Dina Gotowala, the gas leak was caused by drilling during construction.

Firefighters were able to turn off the gas line.

The only people in the building at the time were faculty and staff. Students in summer school were across the street at the middle school. Students were sent home early.

blog comments powered by Disqus