WTNH– Connecticut Coupon Lady Gina Juliano from Gina’s Kokopelli shares so frugal tips.
Some tips she gives are:
1. SNAP benefits go twice at far at Farmers Markets. If you receive SNAP benefits (food stamps) you can do really well at farmers markets. Most farmers markets will give you double your dollar to spend. For example, if you want to spend $20 at a farmers market on fresh fruits and veggies, the market will give you $40 to spend. You can find a list of CT farmers markets at http://www.ctfarmfresh.org/locations.html.
2. Farmers’ Markets usually have free events for families and kids on the weekends.
3. Kids can bowl free all summer long – Kids can bowl up to two free games every day during the summer for free. Just go to http://www.kidsbowlfree.com/ to register and get details
4. Your local library can be the key to free and low cost family activities. Most libraries buy yearly passes to museums for their patrons to borrow just like they would books and movies. Some of the passes are for discounted admission, while others are to actually get in for free. Consult your local library for a list.
5. To save money on bread, frequent a Friehoffer’s or similar bread/bakery outlet. You can get $3-4 loaves of bread for just $1.
There will be a Couponing class on Wednesday, July 30th at 5:00 PM at the Ropkins Branch Library in Hartford. For more information, call 860-695-7520 or go to CTCouponLady.com.