Fire rips through Milford home

Milford house fire

MILFORD, Conn. (WTNH)– A fire ripped through a Milford home on Saturday night, killing a family pet.

It happened in the 200 block of Cedarhurst Lane around 6 p.m. Firefighters say how the fire began is still under investigation but when crews arrived they found the second floor heavily engulfed in flames. Luckily no one was hurt, but those who live there say this is difficult.

“Everything I own is on that second floor in there, in the attic, everything I own that can’t be replaced, but at least the kids weren’t in there,” said Donna Maselli.

“It’s at least 50 to 75 percent loss, the second and third floor are heavily damaged on this side, here over my right shoulder you’ll see where all the wall was burnt through and pulled out,” said Robert Healy, Asst. Fire Chief Milford.

The family lost their pet lizard but two dogs and a rabbit were rescued.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s