Two Stratford families homeless after fire


STRATFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — Two families, for a total of three adults and nine children, were forced from their Barnum Avenue home by a fire Tuesday night.

A Fire Department official said the fire broke out on the third floor of a three-family home and damaged the roof at 5:40 p.m. Tuesday. No injuries were reported.

The American Red Cross provided help, such as toys for the children, and toiletries including toothbrushes, shaving supplies, soap and deodorant. Red Cross volunteers Ted Breski, Debbie Hunt Scribner and Mike Vincelli responded.

“American Red Cross disaster assistance is free of charge, a gift made possible by generous donations and the work of volunteers. For more information about the Red Cross and how you can help, visit the Red Cross Website,” said Paul D. Shipman, spokesman.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus