Hotel evacuated over odor

Firefighters at the Hampton Inn in Milford for a reported gas leak, Sept. 5, 2014. (WTNH / Joe D'Addese)

MILFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — Emergency crews evacuated a hotel for a short time Friday morning as they searched for the cause of a strong gas odor.

Firefighters and gas company crews were called to the Hampton Inn Hotel on Plains Road.

A police department spokesperson told News 8 the building was evacuated due to a gas leak odor that the fire department was called on. We don’t know exactly how many people were evacuated.

Guests were allowed back into their rooms around 9:25 a.m.

A News 8 crew is on the scene getting more information.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s