(WTNH)– Creator Stephanie Tornatore from Classy Cookin’ with Chef Stef shows us how to make Creamy Pumpkin Pasta with Chicken.
Stephanie, creator of a YouTube based cooking show, is demonstrating how to make a delicious, simple, one pot, fall dish.
Her videos are quick, simple and fun. Designed for everyone to learn how to make delicious, healthy recipes and save money in the process. she is NOT a chef. The idea is, if she can do it, anyone can do it. The world needs to start saying no to fast food and processed food.
For more information, go to chef-stef.com.
Creamy Pumpkin Pasta with Chicken (in One Pot!) Recipe:
For the chicken:
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ yellow onion
1 pound chicken breast
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup fresh parsley
For the pasta:
1 pound uncooked pasta
2 cups water
2 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 ¼ cup pumpkin puree
1. To prepare your ingredients, chop the parsley. Then dice the onion and cut the chicken breast into small pieces.
2. In a large pot, heat the olive oil. Saute the onions until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken, salt, pepper and parsley. Stir and cook for a few minutes until there is no more pink on the outside. (If the inside is not fully cooked, that’s okay, it will continue to cook with the pasta.)
3. Add the pasta, water, chicken broth, salt, nutmeg and pumpkin. Mix together. Bring to a boil and cover. Let this cook on medium heat until the pasta has absorbed all of the liquid and has turned into a nice creamy sauce, about 10-12 minutes. As the sauce thickens, be sure to stir every few minutes so it does not stick to the bottom of the pot. (If you feel it is too creamy, you can stir in more water, ¼ cup at a time.)
4. Serve with a garnish of fresh parsley, cracked black pepper and Parmesan cheese.
Ways to vary the recipe:
1. Make it vegetarian by leaving out the chicken. You can also add spinach.
2. If you would like less of a pumpkin flavor, add only 1 cup of pumpkin puree. You can also change the 2 cups of water to 2 cups of chicken broth for a total of 4 cups of chicken broth.
3. Make it spicy by adding red pepper flakes and more black pepper.