MYSTIC, Conn. (WTNH) — A new boating store is opening up in Mystic.
The grand opening of West Marine is on Sunday. The new store is located across the street from the Mystic Aquarium at 9 Maritime Drive. The store is 13,000 square feet, nearly 50% larger than the store at the previous location. West Marine is the world’s largest water-life outfitter.
The store will be open from 8a.m. to 7p.m. Monday-Saturday and 9a.m to 6p.m on Sunday.
The store is designed to cater to both locals and tourists who love spending time on or around the water. Mystic Store Manager Travis Chamberland says he’s excited about the new store’s larger size and more convenient location. “I can’t wait for our customers to see our new store, and the broader selection of products we are carrying,” says Chamberland. “It’s a beautiful building that encompasses the nautical lifestyle of the community, with thousands of items including boats, boat parts, apparel and waterlife accessories.”
The new West Marine Mystic store includes:
- A dedicated engine parts counter with more than 1,000 skus of engine and steering-related replacement parts from brands such as Sierra, Quicksilver, Champion and Seastar
- Fishing gear tailored to local waters
- Hundreds of lifestyle accessories, including waterproof Bluetooth speakers, floating phone cases, multitools, sun protection, water bottles and drink wear
- Apparel such as Helly Hansen, Guy Harvey and O’Neil
- Kayaks and paddleboards, plus a broad range of paddling accessories
- 5,300 square feet of core boating products
- 3,000 square feet of apparel, footwear and clothing accessories