HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut’s health insurance exchange has already signed up thousands more residents during its second open enrollment period.
Access Health CT says it has enrolled more than 11,600 new people in health care plans as of Thursday. On Monday, Nov. 17, the exchange experienced its third highest call volume since Access Health CT was launched last year.
Jim Wadleigh, the exchange’s acting chief executive officer, says 2015 open enrollment is off to a strong start. He said Access Health is trying to reach a more targeted audience this year.
During the first open enrollment and the months after, the exchange signed up more than 280,000 residents for private insurance or Medicaid. The exchange has a goal of signing up 72,000 more during this second open enrollment, which runs through Feb. 15.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.