Hartford, Conn.–(WTNH) An overnight fire in Hartford at the Whitney Manor apartment complex, forced dozens to brave the cold and sent five people to a hospital.
Fire officials say they went to the 58-unit complex at 990 Capital Avenue just after midnight Wednesday.
The fire started on the second floor. The five people taken to an area hospital were treated for smoke inhalation and are expected to be alright.
Fire crews extinguished the fire in about 15 minutes.
Folks who live in 17 of the units are displaced and will have to find temporary housing. Fire officials tell News8 the fire was accidental.