Some severe cold on the way for later today and tonight. We are also watching a developing round of snow for Friday. Here are the weather headlines-
* Temps peak midday today before falling quickly later this afternoon
* Arctic cold front will cross the state 1PM-4PM
* Some snow squalls with the front that could cause a brief white-out and slippery road surfaces all of a sudden
* The wind will really pick up after lunch with gusts 30mph to 40mph likely going through the early evening
* Wind chill values around zero by 5PM for most of the state
* Temperatures will fall to +2 shoreline and -5 to -8 inland overnight through early Thursday
* Wind chill at this time could reach -20 to -30 at times when wind gusts are strongest
* Could be some school delays if buses don’t start in the morning! This weather is tough on diesel engines!
* Temperatures will slowly move up tomorrow, but not much
* A fast moving low pressure center will throw some snow our way Friday
* It looks like a 4AM-1PM deal with accumulation amounts from a dusting up to 3″
* The morning commute could be slippery Friday
*The snow looks to move out during the afternoon
* Quiet weather for the weekend.
Remember to bundle up and keep pets inside!
Also, please check your smoke & CO alarms to make sure they are working properly as heating units work hard to keep up with demand.