Small fire at Stratford business

(File)

STRATFORD, Conn. (WTNH)– Linens caught fire at a Stratford business Friday night.

Firefighters were called to General Linen Service at 895 Woodend Road just after 10 p.m. Upon arrival, firefighters saw smoke coming through the windows and doors of the building. Firefighters entered the unoccupied business and found flames taking over large bins full of just cleaned linens. Fire crews were able to contain the fire in a short period of time and able to stop any further damage to the building.

Over the past few years this building has had several fires, including one that destroyed the building in the early 2000’s.

No injuries were reported and Stratford Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s