(WTNH)– Author Abby Stokes gives us Tips to Protect You and Your Smartphone.
3 tips to protect you and your smartphone if it is lost or stolen:
1) Set a Passcode (Could also be a pattern or your fingerprint)
2) Activate Find My Phone
3) Set Auto-lock (Also saves battery life.)
Use the same caution as you do with your computer.
– Don’t open questionable emails or texts.
– Don’t click on links unless you are certain of their source.
– If you ask “Should I?” it usually means the answer is “no.”
When is Location Services helpful? When is a smartphone most vulnerable? How can Airplane Mode help? Watch the video to find out the answers.
All the same tips apply to your tablet as well as smartphone.
Abby has a new book coming out in early March (available now for pre-order online) which is a “total tech” book, not just computers. “Is This Thing On?” A Friendly Guide to Everything Digital for Newbies, Technophobes, and the Kicking & Screaming. She also has a new website, AskAbbyStokes.com, with step-by-step video tutorials and printable guided and instructions.