(WTNH)– During the blizzard it’s important to make sure to protect your pets from the weather. Here are some tips to keep them safe.
- Bring them inside.
- Use a coat and booties when they need to go out.
- When they come back in, clean them off and towel dry them, especially near the paws.
- Don’t forget to make sure they have a collar on and use a leash.
- If you have a fish or reptile make sure you have a backup plan if you lose power.
- If you have a pet that needs to stay out, make sure they are protected by a dry, draft fee enclosure large enough to sit and lie down.
- Make sure they can access their food and water and it’s not covered in ice or snow
- If you see a pet in distress, report it.
For more information, go to http://www.ASPCA.org.