Columbia school evacuated due to gas leak, nobody injured

COLUMBIA, Conn. (AP) — A school in Columbia was evacuated after a gas leak was discovered.

Interim Town Administrator Mark Paquette says a small leak was discovered on the exterior of the Horace Porter School just after 10 a.m. Thursday.

The school’s 450 students in pre-kindergarten through eighth-grade were taken to a nearby church and town hall, then sent home.

No injuries were reported, and Paquette says the leak was repaired a short time later.

Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s