Just because it’s not snowing outside right now, doesn’t mean things aren’t still on track for a storm coming through that will finally end very early Tuesday.
- Winter storm warnings up across Litchfield, Hartford, Tolland, & Windham Counties into early Tuesday.
- Winter weather advisories up for Fairfield, New Haven, Middlesex, & New London Counties.
- By 7pm, some inland will have a few more inches…by early tomorrow morning, 2 inches at the shore, some might already have 5 inches near Mass.
- Expect the highest snowfall totals to be up north (near 10 inches), and lowest at the shore (some will see 2″ or so).
- Today is a lull, no accumulation expected during the day with a lot of clouds around.
- Snow migrates south from Mass. and will go from northern areas (around 4-5pm) to southern areas (by midnight) and begin accumulating.
- The issue for tomorrow will be snowy roads north, icy roads south. It won’t be falling very heavily during the AM drive, but it’ll still be slick.
- On and off snow, sleet and freezing rain Monday. The weather won’t be great for either commute, more school cancelations likely.
- Everything done early Tuesday, maybe a few delays for leftover snow clean up.
- Thursday looks snowy now, and MAJOR cold towards next weekend. By major I mean highs struggling to reach 10 degrees and lows well below zero!
Check out the forecast on WTNH by CLICKING HERE.