Milford, Conn. (WTNH)- A redistricting plan for elementary schools in MIlford received a chilly reception from some parents at a board of education hearing on Tuesday night, according to a report in the New Haven Register. The plan, to return the district to a pre-K through fifth grade framework was unveiled by a consulting firm last week. Currently, the district is set up in a K-though 2, third grade to fifth grade configuration.
School officials say the vast majority of students won’t have to change schools under the three options now being considered. Still, some parents aren’t happy about the proposal. One told the board that any change in schools would be a ‘big thing’ for the kids involved, adding that it’s not fair for the children to bear the brunt of bad decisions made by adults.
Another parent said the consultants were merely trying to justify their salary with the plan. City residents will get another chance to sound off on the plan at the next board meeting at city hall on Monday night.