Bristol home uninhabitable following fire


BRISTOL, Conn. (WTNH) — Firefighters in Bristol are still trying to figure out what started a house fire there Wednesday afternoon.

Fire broke out on the first floor of a Barnes Street home around 4 p.m., then spread to the second floor. One of the people who lives in the house was in a workshop near the property. They saw the fire and called for help.

This time instead of cold, firefighters had to battle the home’s layout to get the fire out.

“Because the house is an old, chopped up house, there’s a lot of additions to it, so there’s a lot of hidden spaces the fire got into,” said Bristol Deputy Fire Chief Mark McCarthy. “We had to find it and get through it.”

The house is no longer safe for the two families who live there.

No one was hurt in the fire, and no word yet on what caused it.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s