(WTNH) — Several products sold at Stop & Shop are being recalled due to potential Salmonella contamination.
The supermarket has removed certain Frontier and Simply Organic brand items from shelves as a result of the recall, which affects:
- 2.33-ounce containers of Frontier Organic Garlic Powder with UPC 8983618351 and lot codes 4183, 4224, 4268, 4315, 4349, 5023
- One-ounce containers of Simply Organic Fajita Seasoning with UPC 8983618535 and lot codes 4118, 4246, 4287, 4332, 5008, 5030
- One-ounce containers of Simply Organic Veggie Chili Seasoning with UPC 8983618536 and lot codes 4208, 4259, 4282, 4311, 5015, 5047
- 1.48-ounce containers of Simply Organic Alfredo Sauce Mix with UPC 8983618544 and lot codes 4182, 4223, 4224, 4272, 4353, 5027
- Five-ounce containers of Frontier Organic Mama Garlic with UPC 8983618506 and lot code 4290
- .7-ounce containers of Simply Organic Creamy Dill Dip Mix with UPC 8983618843 and lot codes 4156, 4197, 4237, 4279, 4324, 5009, 5035
Anyone with any of the above products should throw them away and bring their receipt to a Stop & Shop for a full refund, according to the store.
Stop & Shop says they haven’t received any reports of illness, but consumption of food contaminated with Salmonella can cause salmonellosis, one of the most common bacterial foodborne illnesses. They say salmonella infections can be life-threatening, especially to those with weak immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy. According to the supermarket, the most common manifestations of salmonellosis are diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever within eight to 72 hours, and additional symptoms may include chills, headache, nausea and vomiting that can last up to seven days.
For more information about the recall, call Frontier Co-op at (800) 669-3275, Stop & Shop at (800) 767-7772, or click here.