WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR FAIRFIELD, NEW HAVEN, MIDDLESEX AND NEW LONDON COUNTIES UNTIL 4 AM SATURDAY MORNING
After a few days of nice weather, and even some northern lights sightings, the cold finally returned Wednesday! An arctic front moved through bringing snow showers, strong winds and frigid temperatures. The cold will stick around for the next few days, but that’s not the main story. We actually have snow in the forecast for Friday. Which happens to also be the first day of spring. I guess mother nature is a bit confused.
Below is the forecast for Friday.
* Snow will begin noon – 2 PM Friday afternoon
* Continue through the evening commute
* The heaviest will most likely be 3 PM – 6 PM
* The snow will taper off 9 PM – 11 PM Friday night
* A few lingering flurries through the night are possible
* Thinking as of now is a general 2 – 4 inches of snow for southern CT. A few 5 or 6 inch totals are certainly possible along the shoreline.
* 1 – 2 inches inland
* More towards the shore, less towards the Massachusetts line
Thanks for reading!
-Meteorologist Kevin Arnone