HARTFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — Firefighters are investigating what sparked a fire in a two family home on Westbourne Parkway early Friday morning.
The fire broke out just after 3:45 a.m. at 68 Westbourne Parkway. Firefighters said the fire began in the basement, and quickly spread to the attic.
According to firefighters, all family members got out safely, but a dog had to be taken out of the home when units arrived.
Hartford Fire Captain Helene Lynch told News 8 that three adults have been displaced. One firefighter was sent to the hospital for a minor foot injury. There are no other reports of injuries.
Firefighters believe the fire was accidental, and are looking to see if the furnace started the fire. They said there is extensive repair work that needs to be done and the house is uninhabitable.