ORANGE, Conn. (WTNH) – One person has been displaced after a fire rips through a home in the 400 block of Derby Milford Road.
A firefighter on scene tells News 8 the fire began around noon. Orange Fire Marshal Tim Smith, says the home appears to be a total loss. Smith adds how the fire began is still under investigation but he thinks it was accidental.
Neighbors who live nearby tell us they were in shock over what they had seen.
“I heard some commotion going on, I came out my back door and the back deck was completely engulfed, Within minutes the house went up,” said Kenneth Gambardella. “The flames were shooting through the roof.”
No one was injured in the blaze. The resident displaced is currently staying with relatives.
Officials with the Orange Fire Department tell us they were assisted by crews from as far away as Derby, Woodbridge and Milford.