Firework explosion injures Norwich teen

NORWICH, Conn. (WTNH) — A large, commercial-style firework exploded in an 18-year-old man’s hand after he lit the fuse, Norwich police say.

Officials say the unidentified teen broke his hand and dislocated three fingers. They say he was taken to Backus Hospital with injuries that are not life-threatening, then was transferred to Hartford Hospital.

A police bomb tech and fire marshal found 10 more items that they removed from the teen’s home.

The 18-year-old was issued a misdemeanor summons for possession of an explosive device.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s