NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) — Hundreds of Connecticut schools will benefit from a school fundraising program through Stop & Shop.
The chain announced it’s A+ School Rewards program will donate $570,000 to 746 schools around the state. Both public and private schools will benefit.
The chain’s New England Division president Mark McGowan credits the customers for raising the money.
“We are grateful to our customers for their participation in this program, which will fund school programs in their communities.”
The schools were picked by customers who have Stop & Shop loyalty cards. All the money raised will be used for technology, scholarships, field trips, playgrounds, and more.
Here’s a list of the top earning schools:
- East Hampton High School: more than $17,000
- John F. Kennedy High School in Waterbury: $15,085
- Fletcher W. Judson Elementary School, Watertown: $11,238
- Catherine M. McGee Middle School, Berlin: $8.746
- Pomperaug Elementary School, Southbury: $8,602