Manchester Fire at Single-Family Home

Manchester Fire Department (File.)

MANCHESTER, Conn. (WTNH) – A fire broke out at home today in Manchester. No one was home at the time but a passing motorist saw the smoke and flames and called 9-1-1. It happened around ten o’clock Friday morning.

The first fire unit on the scene noticed heavy smoke coming from the windows of the second floor and fire showing through one bedroom window. Firefighters busted in through the front door and encountered heavy smoke. They made their way to the second floor bedroom and put out the fire.

Firefighters searched the home to make sure no one was home. A dog was rescued during the search. Manchester Animal Control Officers provided immediate attention for the dog.

Firefighters quickly got the fire under control. It’s believe it started due to an overheated power strip. The family of 5 is unable to get back into their home for now and are being provided temporary shelter elsewhere.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s