Naugatuck High School Cleared After Gas Scare

NAUGATUCK, Conn. (WTNH) – Naugatuck High School is all clear after the smell of natural gas filled the school earlier.  At about 12:30 Friday afternoon, there were reports of the smell of natural gas in the building.  All of the students were ordered out of the building.  They waited in a safe area on school property while the Naugatuck fire department checked out the smell.  It was determined that the smell was coming from a propane leak.  A fork lift may have hit a propane source during renovation construction, causing the leak.

 

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s