Wethersfield motel evacuated after boiler fire

(Facebook/Wethersfield Volunteer Fire Department)

WETHERSFIELD, Conn. (WTNH) — All guests of a Wethersfield motel had to be evacuated Tuesday morning when smoke from a boiler fire filled the building.

Firefighters were called to the Comfort Inn at 1330 Silas Deane Highway around 5 a.m. and found a fire in the building’s main boiler, according to officials. They say that fire was contained to within the boiler, but smoke spread to upper floors, causing the evacuation.

Authorities say no one was injured and there was no structural damage to the building.

According to fire officials, the boiler caught fire due to lack of water in it.

WTNH NEWS8 provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Also, you can now block any inappropriate user by simple selecting the drop down menu on the right of any comment and selection "Block User" from there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s