(WTNH)– Several Connecticut state parks and beaches have reached parking capacity on this sunny Sunday.
According the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, the following state parks are full to parking capacity:
- Mount Tom State Park in Litchfield
- Rocky Neck State Park in East Lyme
- Squantz Pond State Park in New Fairfield
- Wadsworth Falls State Park in Middlefield
- Pattaconk Lane in Cockaponset State Forest
- Millers Pond State Park in Durham
- Gardiner Lake State Park in Salem
- Silver Sands State Park in Milford
- Bigelow Hollow State Park in Union
- Burr Pond State Park in Torrington
- Ocean Beach in New London
The sunshine and warm temperatures, along with the holiday weekend has made it an ideal beach day for many across the state.
For more beach parking closings updates, follow @CTDEPoutdoorrec on Twitter.