FARMINGTON, Conn. (AP) — Police say a construction worker in Connecticut was electrically shocked while repairing a ruptured water main.
It happened Thursday afternoon in Farmington. Police say the Barber Utilities employee pierced an underground electrical line while digging a hole as part of repairs to the water main.
Police say his co-workers pulled him from the hole, but he never lost consciousness and walked to the ambulance on his own.
He was taken to John Dempsey Hospital with unknown injuries. His identity has not been released.
The Connecticut Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating the incident.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.