NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) — A new list compiled by Time magazine ranks the Top-10 ‘Best Burgers in America’; and one of Connecticut’s own is on the list.
“The Original Burger” at New Haven staple Louis’ Lunch came in at #7 on the list. The Original Burger is prepared with a combination of chuck and sirloin beef, a slice of tomato, and Velveeta.
Connecticut’s claim as the birthplace of the hamburger is a valid one. While many restaurants claim to be the first place to serve hamburgers, Louis’ has been in operation since 1895, serving up burgers since the turn of the 20th century.
Here is the list of the Best Burgers in America, as ranked by Time Magazine.
- In-N-Out Burger – Multiple California locations – Cheeseburger
- Minetta Tavern – New York City – Black Label burger
- Holeman & Finch – Atlanta, GA – Burger Time
- Ray’s Hell Burger – Arlington, VA – Basic Beef Burger
- Craigie on Main – Boston, MA – Bar Burger
- Zuni Cafe – San Fransisco, CA – Housemade Burger
- Louis’ Lunch – New Haven, CT – The Original Burger
- Dyer’s Burgers – Memphis, TN – Cheeseburger
- Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink – Miami, FL – Black Angus Burger
- Perini Ranch Steakhouse – Buffalo Gap, TX – Ranch Burger